Get With The Guidelines®- Stroke is much more than a data registry. It's a comprehensive program for supporting quality stroke care, including a suite of tools and resources to help improve processes and maximize effectiveness. These tools have proven successful at other hospitals participating in Get With The Guidelines®- Stroke.
The library includes forms and tools that have proven successful at other hospitals participating in Get With The Guidelines - Stroke. We offer these documents only to give you an idea of other hospitals' solutions. By including the documents on this website, the American Heart Association does not represent that they are complete, accurate or efficacious, or that they follow all of the American Heart Association guidelines for secondary and primary prevention of cardiovascular events or stroke. Hospitals should design their order sets, discharge instructions and other tools based on their own procedures and professional experience.
Get With The Guidelines®- Stroke Clinical Tools Library
- Scientific Rationale for the Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria for Intravenous Alteplase in Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Guidelines for Adult Stroke Rehabilitation and Recovery
- 2015 AHA/ASA Focused Update of the 2013 Guidelines for the Early Management of Patients With Acute Ischemic Stroke Regarding Endovascular Treatment
- Guidelines for the Primary Prevention of Stroke
- Guidelines for the Prevention of Stroke in Patients With Stroke and Transient Ischemic Attack
- Guidelines for the Prevention of Stroke in Women
- Interactions Within Stroke Systems of Care
- Guidelines for the Early Management of Patients With Acute Ischemic Stroke
Fact Sheet and CRF
HeartCare™ Channel: Educational Tool for your Patients
From in-hospital television programming to online, on-demand videos and educational resources, the Heart Care Channel supports your heart and stroke patients’ engagement in their recovery, disease management and long-term health. Learn how your facility can subscribe at heartcarechannel.com and view our program descriptions (PDF), and sample programs.
Stroke Center Certification
The American Stroke Association provides many resources to help hospitals become ready for certification, including ASTP and Get With The Guidelines. For more information about TJC Primary Stroke Center Certification, visit www.heart.org/accreditation.
We value your feedback on the clinical tools library and its content. Please take a moment to provide us with your feedback on how we could make this toolkit better.