To support participation in Mission: Lifeline® and cardiovascular quality improvement, the American Heart Association® is pleased to offer Get with the Guidelines®- Coronary Artery Disease (GWTG-CAD) to track both hospital level and regional level STEMI quality improvement efforts and AMI process improvement activities. GWTG-CAD was the American Heart Association's premier AMI registry from 2005-2010. GWTG-CAD is now the primary data source for Mission: Lifeline program data. Enrollment fees for 2019 are competitively priced and offer special pricing for critical access hospitals.
Similar to AHA's other Get With The Guidelines programs, GWTG-CAD will be supported by IQVIA, formerly QuintilesIMS. Together, the AHA and IQVIA offer unmatched customer service and quality improvement and systems of care implementation expertise. Not only will GWTG-CAD use familiar features and functions you love from the GWTG Patient Management Tool, but GWTG-CAD is now available on a new platform with an updated look, feel, and functionality to further enhance the overall GWTG-CAD and Mission: Lifeline experience. Access to the real-time Mission: Lifeline process data, reports (hospital level and regional level, and progress toward Mission: Lifeline Recognition is accessible within 24 hours of data entry, intuitive and very user friendly.
complete the hospital corporation contract(link opens in new window)
Benefits of enrolling in GWTG-CAD Include:
- Updated and streamlined data collection to support Mission: Lifeline hospital and regional reports and AHA Mission: Lifeline recognition
- Flexible patient populations with the ability to enter STEMI and/or NSTEMI patients
- National and local recognition for award winning hospitals(link opens in new window)
- One on one STEMI Systems of Care consultative services by experienced local AHA Quality Systems professionals
- Access to systems of care clinical tools, resources, and best practice sharing
- Patient education resources
- Robust real-time reporting, including Mission: Lifeline recognition measures, Mission: Lifeline quality measures and new Mission: Lifeline reporting measures
- Regional adherence to the Mission: Lifeline recognition measures is now available through the Mission: Lifeline Regional report
- Historical Data Upload feature for current or former ACTION Registry-GWTG users
Contact MissionLifeline@heart.org for more information regarding GWTG-CAD and/or Mission: Lifeline.