Get With The Guidelines®- Heart Failure (GWTG-HF) is much more than a data registry. It's a comprehensive program for supporting quality heart failure care, including a library of tools and resources to help improve processes and maximize effectiveness.
The library includes forms and tools that have proven successful at other hospitals participating in Get With The Guidelines-HF. We offer these documents only to give you an idea of other hospitals' solutions. By including the documents on this website, the American Heart Association does not represent that they are complete, accurate or efficacious, or that they follow all of the American Heart Association guidelines for secondary and primary prevention of cardiovascular events. Hospitals should design their order sets, discharge instructions and other tools based on their own procedures and professional experience.
Get With The Guidelines - Heart Failure Clinical Tools Library
- 2022 AHA/ACC/HFSA Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure
- 2017 ACC/AHA/HFSA Focused Update of the 2013 ACCF/AHA Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure(link opens in new window)
- 2016 ACC/AHA/HFSA Focused Update on New Pharmacological Therapy for Heart Failure: An Update of the 2013 ACCF/AHA Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure(link opens in new window)
- Slide Set (Document): This provides an overview of the key recommendations included in the updated guidelines
- Commentary:(link opens in new window) The commentary entitled "What is New in the 2013 ACCF/AHA Guidelines for the Management of Heart Failure?" by Biykem Bozkurt, MD, PhD provides the author's perspective on how the new guidelines are important to providers.
- Top Ten Things to Know (PDF)
- Target: Type 2 Diabetes and Heart Failure
- Heart Failure Fact Sheet (PDF)
- CRF (PDF)
- Target: Heart Failure Rationale (PDF)
- Solutions To Common Barriers (PDF)
We value your feedback on the clinical tools library and its content. Please take a moment to provide us with your feedback on how we could make this toolkit better.