Steps for Implementing Get With The Guidelines®- Resuscitation
- Contact your local Get With The Guidelines representative to begin the enrollment process. Your local representative will be able to assist you through the contracting process and answer any questions you may have.
- When you are ready, Join Now(link opens in new window) to enroll in Get With The Guidelines - Resuscitation. For multi-site enrollment, complete the Hospital Corporation Contract(link opens in new window).
- Assemble your multidisciplinary team to determine roles and processes for entering patient data.
- Access the new optional Get With The Guidelines-Resuscitation Abstractor eLearning Course.
- This self-paced training module provides training for data abstractors to gain better understanding of abstracting GWTG-Resuscitation data from medical records, data elements, and coding instructions. This course is not a requirement to gain access to the Patient Management Tool
- Create your baseline by entering 30 records into the PMT to assess your treatment rates.
- Use the PMT benchmarking reports (PDF) available to identify areas for improvement and refine processes and protocols to ensure they are in line with the Guidelines.
- Identify areas for improvement.
- Refine processes and protocols to ensure they are in line with the guidelines.
- Brainstorm with your team to find ways to improve your hospital’s treatment rates.
- Test your ideas. Remember that changes do not have to be large. Sometimes it works best to start small and build on success.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 until your team is happy with your treatment rates and your hospital is eligible for recognition criteria.
- Celebrate your successes and spread the word!