Sign up for information here.
Steps for Getting Started
- Contact your local Get With The Guidelines representative to begin the enrollment process. Your local representative will be able to assist you through the contracting process and answer any questions you may have.
- When you are ready, Join Now(link opens in new window)(link opens in new window) to enroll in Get With The Guidelines - AFIB program. For multi-site enrollment, complete the Hospital Corporation Contract(link opens in new window)(link opens in new window).
- Assemble your multidisciplinary team to determine roles and processes for entering patient data.
- Create your baseline by entering 30 records into the PMT to assess your treatment rates.
- Use the PMT benchmarking reports to identify areas for improvement and refine processes and protocols to ensure they are in line with the Guidelines.
- Identify areas for improvement.
- Refine processes and protocols to ensure they are in line with the guidelines.
- Brainstorm with your team to find ways to improve your hospital's treatment rates.
- Test your ideas. Remember that changes do not have to be large. Sometimes it works best to start small and build on success.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 until your team is happy with your treatment rates and your hospital is eligible for recognition.
- Celebrate your successes and spread the word!
Working Together to Advance Cardiovascular Research and Guideline Implementation
Collaborating with the Heart Rhythm Society brings the expertise of the largest U.S. electrophysiology professional organization together with the American Heart Association's leadership in improving healthcare quality.