Get With The Guidelines® - Heart Failure Recognition Criteria
Hospitals that participate actively and consistently in Get With The Guidelines®- Heart Failure are eligible for public recognition. Participating in Get With The Guidelines® - Heart Failure is the first level of recognition. It acknowledges program participation and entry of baseline data into the Registry Tool.
Get With The Guidelines®- Heart Failure Achievement Measures.
The different levels reflect the amount of time for which the hospital demonstrates performance.
- Bronze: recognizes performance of 90 consecutive days.
- Silver recognizes performance of 12 consecutive months.
- Gold recognizes performance of 24 consecutive months or more.
Download Recognition Criteria for Get With The Guidelines Heart Failure (PDF)
The Achievement Measures are embedded in the Registry Tool. They are:
- Percent of heart failure patients with left ventricular systolic dysfunction (LVSD) and without both angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor (ACEI) and angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB) contraindications who are prescribed an ACEI or ARB at hospital discharge. For purposes of this measure, LVSD is defined as chart documentation of a left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) less than 40% or a narrative description of left ventricular function (LVF) consistent with moderate or severe systolic dysfunction.
- Percent of heart failure patients who were prescribed with evidence-based specific beta blockers (Bisoprolol, Carvedilol, Metoprolol Succinate CR/XL) at discharge.
- Percent of heart failure patients with documentation in the hospital record that left ventricular function (LVF) was assessed before arrival, during hospitalization, or is planned for after discharge.
- Percent of eligible heart failure patients for whom a follow- up appointment was scheduled and documented including location, date, and time for follow up visits or location and date for home health visit.
Silver Plus and Gold Plus Quality Awards are advanced levels of recognition acknowledging hospitals for consistent compliance with Quality Measures embedded within the Registry.
Please note: Recognition criteria are subject to change based on program enhancements.
Don't miss out on these recognition opportunities. We thank you for your continued dedication to improving patient care, if you have any questions, please contact us at email [email protected]