Target: Type 2 Diabetes
A Spotlight on Type 2 Diabetes℠ and Get With The Guidelines®
Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death and a major cause of heart attacks, strokes and disability for people living with type 2 diabetes.
The American Heart Association (AHA) and the American Diabetes Association (ADA) have launched a collaborative landmark initiative called Know Diabetes by Heart™ to comprehensively combat the national public health impact of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
To bring attention to this critical high-risk population, the AHA established the Target: Type 2 Diabetes℠ Honor Roll recognition opportunity. Target: Type 2 Diabetes℠ Honor Roll recognizes hospitals for providing the most up-to-date, evidence-based care for patients with type 2 diabetes who are hospitalized with heart failure, heart attack or stroke.
Every 80 seconds, an adult with diabetes in the U.S. is hospitalized for heart disease, which can lead to a heart attack
Target: Type 2 Diabetes℠
- Target: Type 2 Diabetes℠ Honor Roll Recognition Criteria and Measure Descriptions (PDF)
- Target: Type 2 Diabetes℠ Honor Roll Recognition FAQ (PDF)
- Target: Type 2 Diabetes℠ Honor Roll Recognition Criteria (PDF)
- Target: Type 2 Diabetes℠ Webinars
- Know Diabetes by Heart™ Professional Resources
- Know Diabetes by Heart™ Podcast Series
- Know Diabetes by Heart™ Patient Resources
Know Diabetes by Heart
Help people with type 2 diabetes make tangible progress toward their health goals with practical tools and emotional support.
Elevate Your Improvement Goals
Learn more about our Target programs: