Atrial fibrillation (AFib) affects between 2.7 and 6.1 million Americans, often leading to heart-related complications as well as increasing the risk for stroke fivefold. Get With The Guidelines®- AFIB is the newest addition to the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's collaborative performance improvement programs. The program is designed to assist hospital care teams in consistently providing the latest evidence-based treatment for their AFib patients. At the same time, it offers a means of monitoring the quality of AFib care in U.S. hospitals and building a database for continued research and further quality improvement.
Get With The Guidelines-AFIB supports hospitals in many ways, including:
- access to the most up-to-date research and scientific publications
- a competitive advantage in the healthcare marketplace
- clinical tools and resources
- identification of improvement opportunities
- national and local recognition for hospital team program achievement
- patient education resources
- performance comparison with hospitals
- professional education opportunities, such as workshops and webinars
- Quality & Systems Improvement (QSI) field staff support
- reduction of noncompliance and medical errors through data-driven peer review
Data collection and feedback reporting are performed using the American Heart Association's Patient Management Tool™ (PMT), an online, interactive system provided by IQVIA.
For more information, download Get With The Guidelines-AFIB fact sheets and forms here.
Get With The Guidelines - AFIB is provided by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.