Reviving the Rules: Get with the Guidelines®- Resuscitation
Turning Guidelines into Lifelines.
Saving more lives in every hospital through data-driven resuscitation care
Get With The Guidelines®- Resuscitation (GWTG-R) has its roots in the American Heart Association's National Registry of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (NRCPR), started in 1999 to collect resuscitation data from hospitals nationwide and create evidence-based guidelines for inpatient CPR.
Our Mission: To save more lives by preventing in-hospital cardiac arrest and optimizing outcomes through benchmarking, quality improvement, knowledge translation, and research.
Our Approach: GWTG-R facilitates the efficient capture, analysis and reporting of data that empowers and supports the implementation of current guidelines, creation and dissemination of new knowledge, and development of next generation, evidence-based practice in resuscitation science.
In 2010, the program was incorporated into Get With The Guidelines and enhanced to provide additional resources, tools and benefits, including:
- performance benchmarking and feedback with hospitals for continuous quality improvement
- access to the most up-to-date research and scientific publications
- professional education opportunities, such as workshops and webinars
- QI field staff support
- a competitive advantage in the healthcare marketplace
- national and local public recognition in U.S. News & World Report
- web-based data collection
Data collection and feedback reporting are performed using the American Heart Association’s Patient Management Tool™ (PMT), an online, interactive system provided by Quintiles Real World & Late Phase Research. Download the Get With The Guidelines - Resuscitation fact sheets for more information.
- Get With The Guidelines - Resuscitation Fact Sheet (PDF): View the recognition, quality, reporting, and descriptive measures reported on via Get With The Guidelines - Resuscitation.
- Post-Cardiac Arrest Care Fact Sheet (PDF): View the Post-Cardiac Arrest Care (PCAC) measures reported on via Get With The Guidelines - Resuscitation.
- Neonate CPA Data Collection Form (PDF)
- CPA Resuscitation Data Collection Form (PDF)
- PCAC Resuscitation Data Collection Form (PDF)
- ARC Data Collection Form (PDF)
- MET Data Collection Form (PDF)
- Admit/Discharge Data Collection Form (PDF)
The Get With The Guidelines - Resuscitation program is provided by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.