Together, we can make a difference.
The Target: Aortic Stenosis quality improvement program exists to enhance the patient experience from symptom onset to appropriate diagnosis and follow-through, to timely treatment and disease management. See below for guideline, clinical and patient educational resources.
Valvular Heart Disease Guidelines (website)
Key Implications for Clinicians in the 2020 ACC/AHA Guideline for the Management of Patients with Valvular Heart Disease
In your evaluation of patients with suspected valvular heart disease, learn the diagnostic strategies for early detection of valvular disease and appropriate long-term management. Discover appropriate tools for assessment and intervention based on valvular disease stage, specifically in cases of mitral regurgitation and aortic stenosis.
Resources mentioned in the webinar
- Top Things to Know: 2020 ACC/AHA Guideline for the Management of Patients With Valvular Heart Disease
- Executive Summary
- Perspective to 2020 AHA/ACC Guideline for the Management of Patients with Valvular Heart Disease
- AHA Clinical Update - Valvular Heart Disease (PPTX - customizable) | (pdf version)
- Presentation Slide Set (pdf)
- VHD pocket guideline (for purchase)
- AHA News: New guidelines call for less use of surgery to treat heart valve disease
- News Release: Updated guideline for heart valve disease spotlights less invasive treatments
- News Release: Quality of care initiative seeks to improve outcomes for heart valve patients
Thanks to the facilities participating in the Target: Aortic Stenosis program, several key areas have been identified along the patient journey where barriers to care exist. These key areas include:
- Identification of patients diagnosed with moderate or severe aortic stenosis
- Once identified, urgently moving the patient through the journey to appropriate definitive treatment
- Variations in the multidisciplinary and shared decision-making process
To learn more regarding the Target: Aortic Stenosis program and the suggested best practices and solutions from experts in the field addressing these barrier to care, please see the resources below.
- Aortic Stenosis Fact Sheet (pdf)
- What is Aortic Stenosis? (pdf)
- Aortic Stenosis Symptom Tracker (pdf)
- Aortic Stenosis Discussion Guide: Get the most out of your appointment (pdf)
- Why do I need Heart Valve Surgery? (pdf) Spanish (pdf)
- What is TAVI/TAVR? (pdf)
- Aortic Stenosis and COVID FAQ (pdf)
- Optimizing Experience, Outcomes and Equity for Aortic Stenosis Patients | Modern Healthcare
- Tackling Undertreatment of Serious Heart Valve Disease
- VIDEO: AHA says aortic stenosis is undertreated and underdiagnosed
Join Our Email List
Please join our email list to be notified for future event and program opportunities.