Step Away From Your Desk!
The American Heart Association’s Worksite Walking Program Kit encourages companies to give employees an excuse to get away from their desks and take the first step on the path to wellness.
It's a pretty simple concept: Your company can set up walking routes around the office and celebrate and reward employees who use them to make their sedentary lifestyle more active. It's a great way to fit in some fitness, take a break and become more productive all at once!
How do I get a Worksite Walking Program started?
Download, print and use the materials below. Contact your local American Heart Association office for additional resources and workplace activities.
The Worksite Walking Program Kit materials include:
- Worksite Wellness Coordinator's Guide, a step-by-step manual to make implementation easy.
- Window Decal that promotes your company’s participation.
- Join the Movement Health Message Poster that helps educate and motivate employees.
- Walking Path Markers that direct employees along your walking route.
- I Walk for My Heart Mileage Tracking Chart that helps employees post how far they walk.
- Achieve Your Goal Together Poster that promotes walking groups.
- Park Far. Get Ahead. Flyer, encourages how easy it is to get in extra walking.
- Half an Hour. Whole Lot of Health flyer features the short amount of time it takes to get healthier.
- Take the Stairway to Health poster encourages bypassing the elevator.
- Walk One. Live Two. poster promotes the benefits of walking.
- Don't Eat Your Heart Out flyer reminds employees to make smart snack decisions.