Donor Advised Fund
Make a difference with a donor advised fund today. Designating a grant is easy and can be made directly from our website
Meet Christine Gustafson
Christine supports the American Heart Association because she’s lost many family members to heart disease and stroke, and it’s a big concern for her family. She's a longtime volunteer, and when she heard about the American Heart Association Donor Advised Fund Program, she knew she wanted to be a part of it.
American Heart Association Donor Advised Fund Program
Help us improve and save lives in your community and across the nation by opening an American Heart Association Donor Advised Fund.
The AHA DAF is like a flexible charitable investment account. It simplifies giving so you can contribute and make grants over time to the causes you’re passionate about.
- Name your account to reflect your passions and values
- Involve family or close friends in your charitable legacy
- Maximize your giving power by investing and growing your account funds
- You can make grants anonymously
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction when you contribute
- By donating non-cash assets that have grown in value, you can avoid capital gains taxes (Real estate, stocks, closely held business interests and bitcoin)
How It Works
Make a tax-deductible donation to the AHA DAF.
2. Choose an investment option.
- Tobacco-Free Portfolio – Work with a trusted UBS financial advisor to ensure you’re investing in companies that do not derive revenue from the manufacture of tobacco or tobacco-related products
- Your current advisor can continue to help you invest and grow your charitable assets with a strategy that works best for you
3. Make a BIG impact.
Recommend grants to all your favorite qualified public charities
Call 888-227-5242 to find out if the American Heart Association Donor Advised Fund Program is right for you.
Ready to Start?
Opening your charitable giving account takes only a few minutes to give in a simple and tax-wise way.
Have Questions For Us?
Contact your Charitable Estate Planning Representative to discuss your many giving options.
Want to Support the American Heart Association with an Existing Donor Advised Fund?
If you have an existing account with any of these funds, it's easy to make a gift to the association or any other qualified charity. If fighting heart disease and stroke are important to you and your family, please consider the American Heart Association Donor Advised Fund Program. We appreciate your consideration.
Examples of DAF Direct providers include:
- Fidelity Charitable
- Schwab Charitable
- BNY Mellon