Donor Advised Fund
Make a difference with a donor advised fund today. Designating a grant is easy and can be made directly from our website
American Heart Association Donor Advised Fund Program
Cardiovascular diseases and stroke affect all Americans. Improving the lives of people throughout the United States and in your community is what we do.
- Fund critical life-saving research that supports the work of scientists and researchers globally
- Provide public health education to local communities
- Provide CPR education training as the nation's #1 resource for these programs
- Help people understand the importance of healthy lifestyle choices
- Create science-based treatment guidelines, so healthcare professionals can provide quality care to their patients
- Educate lawmakers, policymakers and the public as we advocate for changes to protect and improve the health of people everywhere
If building healthier lives is important to you and your family, consider establishing a donor advised fund. A donor advised fund (DAF) is a unique tool for charitable giving. It allows a donor to make a gift, receive an immediate tax deduction and recommend grants to IRS-qualified public charities at any time.
The benefits of our DAF program:
- You provide a gift to fund important research and programs
- You receive a total charitable tax deduction for your contributions
- You have the opportunity to provide grants to other charities, in addition to the American Heart Association, through this same account
- You can involve your children in your charitable decisions
- You can keep your current financial advisor to manage these funds
Donor Advised Fund Direct
The growing popularity of donor advised funds, shows the American public has embraced them for their philanthropy. Several large DAF providers have joined together to make it easier and faster when making a grant to charity. DAF Direct provides access to these accounts; their website link is below.
DAF Direct providers include:
- Fidelity Charitable
- Schwab Charitable
- BNY Mellon
- Greater Kansas City Community Foundation
If you have an existing account with any of these funds, it's easy to make a gift to the association or any other qualified charity. However, if eradicating heart diseases and stroke are important to you and your family, please consider establishing a DAF through the American Heart Association Donor Advised Fund Program. We appreciate your consideration.