For the last five years, the American Heart Association has been
ranked as one of the Best Nonprofit Organizations to Work For.
Here are a few of the employee comments that helped us get there:
- The AHA allows me to focus on an area I am passionate about,
heart disease prevention. Also, the organization looks beyond
simple programs to more lasting and meaningful outcomes,
including policy. Essentially it shows real leadership.
- The AHA does many surveys to gain knowledge of what is going
on and they take steps to improve. Nationally the AHA is doing a
great job. The salary and benefits are excellent. They are doing
a better job at making it fun for people to get involved. Our volunteers
are also a key to the AHA’s success.
- There is flexibility in working schedules and there is encouragement by management to live a healthy lifestyle.
- We have strong core values with purpose. Senior management leads by example since we are a leading volunteer health organization. They encourage staff to be healthy by providing us incentive to exercise and also provide us fresh fruit.
- Not only are you working your job, but you are helping to impact the lives of so many people. It is very satisfying to know that you are making a difference and help the organization meet its goals and helping to impact people's lives.