Save the legs. Save the feet. Save the heart.
PAD Go-To-Guide for Healthcare Professionals
Our new Go-To-Guide is an easy-to-use, interactive tool designed to empower doctors and nurses to engage patients diagnosed with Peripheral Artery Disease. Access resources your organization can use to deliver effective patient education, as well as AHA’s latest patient engagement tools.
Amy Pollak, MD, Mayo Clinic (cardiovascular medicine) speaks about the timely detection and diagnosis of PAD, a disease that affects more than 200 million adults worldwide and over 8.5 million in the United States. While it is a serious risk factor for coronary artery disease and cerebrovascular disease, PAD remains a largely overlooked condition.
PVD vs PAD Fact Sheet
Help your patients understand the risk factors associated with PAD and PVD and recognize the differences between the two conditions.
Talking to Your Patients About PAD
Remind your team that educating your patients about PAD and its treatments should begin with explaining the disease and its risks.
- Signs & Symptoms Checklist (PDF) — Accurate PAD diagnoses rely on a thorough patient history and physical exam. Use this checklist when asking your patients about their risk factors and symptoms.
- Watch, Learn, Live — Help your patients understand PAD by viewing this illustration of PAD.
- Self-Check Plan (PDF) — Our printable self-check plan makes it easy for your patients to track their symptoms.
- Answers By Heart Fact Sheets — These downloadable patient information sheets can help your patients understand their condition and needed lifestyle changes.
- How Can Physical Activity Become a Way of Life (PDF) — Educate your patients on the importance of being physically active.
- Support Network — Connect your patients with peer-to-peer support by recommending our online Support Network.