The Health Insurance Marketplace makes it easier for people without health care coverage to learn their options and enroll in a plan that meets their needs.
- The Health Insurance Marketplace is a single location where people without insurance and small businesses can shop for private health insurance that fits their budget.
- Consumers can compare premiums, deductibles and out-of-pocket costs under various plans.
Making Health Insurance Affordable
To help make coverage more affordable, financial help — the Health Insurance Premium Tax Credit — is available to most uninsured consumers who use the Health Insurance Marketplace.
When to Apply
More than 10 million people gained coverage in 2014. For most states, open enrollment is Nov. 1-Dec. 15. But some states have longer enrollment periods. Find out more about your state’s open enrollment deadlines.
How to Apply
You can shop, apply for and enroll in coverage in three ways:
- Go online at www.healthcare.gov.
- Call toll-free 1-800-318-2596.
- Get in-person assistance at localhelp.healthcare.gov.
Learn more and get started today. The application and website are also available in Spanish and the toll-free number is in 150 additional languages.