Stroke is dangerous and deadly - the No. 5 killer and a leading cause of disability in America. But you can control and treat several risk factors for stroke. We've compiled some resources to help you reduce your risk.
Stroke Month Message [1:06] - AHA volunteer Dr. Lowenkopf, M.D. with Providence Brain and Spine Institute Oregon helps raise awareness of the signs and symptoms of stroke during #StrokeMonth. If you think someone is experiencing a stroke, please don’t delay. Call 911 immediately.
Treat Stroke FAST [1:44] - Know the warning signs of a stroke.
- What is a Stroke (PDF), Spanish Version (PDF)
- How to Prevent a Stroke (PDF), Spanish Version (PDF)
- How Stroke Affects You (PDF), Spanish Version (PDF)
- Spot a Stroke F.A.S.T. (PDF), Spanish Version (PDF)
- FAST Warning Signs Poster 11x17 (PDF)
- FAST Warning Signs Table Tent - for use with Avery template 5309 (PDF)
For additional resource on stroke delve into our stroke section. If you are interested in industry specific messaging around this topic, please contact [email protected] to discuss ways we can partner.