Nearly half of American adults have high blood pressure. (Many don’t even know they have it.) It's known as the "silent killer," most of the time there are no obvious signs. Managing your blood pressure can reduce your risk for heart attack and stroke.
Know Your Numbers: Blood Pressure [2:13] Local EMT teaches the importance of managing blood pressure and how to check your own.
What High Blood Pressure Looks Like [1:00] High Blood Pressure is known as the “silent killer”. Various survivors share their stories with Hypertension.
- Blood Pressure vs. Heart Rate (PDF)
- Choosing a Home Blood Pressure Monitor (PDF)
- Fighting the Silent Killer (PDF)
- How to Take Your Own Blood Pressure (PDF)
- Partner With Your Doctor to Manage Your High Blood Pressure (PDF)
- Blood Pressure Categories (PDF)
- Blood Pressure Myth – “Doctor Monitors So I Don’t Have To” Poster 11x17 (PDF)
- Blood Pressure Myth – “HBP Runs in Family So I Can’t Control It” Poster 11x17 (PDF)
- Blood Pressure Myth – “I Feel Fine” Poster 11x17 (PDF)
- Guide for Discussing High Blood Pressure with Health Care Professional - English (PDF)
- Guide for Discussing High Blood Pressure with Health Care Professional - Spanish (PDF)
- How to Measure BP Instructions Infographic – English (PDF)
- How to Measure BP Instructions Infographic – Spanish (PDF)
- Printable Blood Pressure Tracker (PDF)
- What is Blood Pressure? Infographic (PDF)
The American Heart Association has a suite of resources on heart.org, explore our high blood pressure topic for more information. If you are interested in industry-specific messaging around this topic, please contact Lily.Banning@heart.org to discuss ways we can partner.