Each year, the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association (AHA/ASA) produces scientific statements and guidelines based on expert consensus in order to promote our mission of reducing disability and death from heart disease and stroke. Our advocacy department translates these science-based documents into policy advocacy materials that shape our conversations with policy makers, our grassroots initiatives, our legislative and regulatory initiatives, and our media advocacy efforts.
The AHA/ASA Policy Report, a new online publication, will be published bi-annually to highlight our priority issues and latest policy advocacy work.
To be added to the Policy Research Department's email database and to stay up-to-date on our latest policy positions, please email email@example.com with “add me” in the subject line.
- (Current) Policy Report - Winter 2018 (PDF)
- Policy Report - Spring/Summer 2017 (PDF)
- Policy Report - Winter 2016 (PDF)
- Policy Report - Spring 2016 (PDF)
- Policy Report, Vol. 1, Issue 3 (October 2014) (PDF)
- Policy Report, Vol. 1, Issue 2 (October 2013) (PDF)
- Policy Report, Vol. 1, Issue 1 (January 2013) (PDF)
- AHA/ASA Strategic Policy Agenda: 2014-2017 (PDF)
- AHA/ASA Strategic Policy Agenda: 2017-2020 (PDF)