El Paso Tobacco-Free Worksites
The American Heart Association – Heart REACH in El Paso is working with business owners throughout El Paso County to help protect staff and consumers from the dangers of secondhand smoke. There is no safe level of secondhand smoke. According to the CDC, nonsmokers who are exposed to secondhand smoke at home or work have a 25% to 30% higher risk of heart disease and a 20% to 30% higher risk of stroke. Smoke-free Policies are legal, easy to implement and create a safe environment for El Paso Residents.
Smoke-free Restaurant Patios
Expand your Smoke-free environment to include your restaurant patio area in your smoke-free policy. A Facebook survey conducted via advertising post through POV Data Studies, targeted at El Paso County residents from April 6 - April 19th showed that
- 74% are likely to avoid dining outdoors when smoking is allowed
- 69% prefer smoke-free restaurant patios
- 82% prefer smoke-free patios when dining out with children
Increase your smoke-free space and
- Get recognized with a smoke-free badge that can be included in your website and a decal for your restaurant
- Get Celebrated on social media for taking a step forward in creating a healthier environment for consumers and your staff
- Get free Signage indicating your patio is smoke-free
Sample celebratory post on social media for adopting a smoke-free policy at your business.
Sample smoke-free signage for your business. Customization of signage is available if needed.