Do not submit a request form for the following:
- Journal material that is not from an AHA Guideline or an AHA Scientific Statement article
(See section “For Non-Guideline/Non-Statement article material“ for more information)
- Logo or Service Marks (Heart & Torch, Red Dress, etc.)
(See section “For information on using any AHA Logo or Service Mark“ for more information)
- Linking to American Heart Association/American Stroke Association websites
For Copyright Permission to use AHA’s Non-Guideline and/or Non-Scientific Statement Journal Material
Permission requests are handled online via RightsLink, a service of the Copyright Clearance Center. Steps to request permission are:
- Go to the online version of the AHA journal article for which you are requesting permission.
- Once you have opened the article, on the left-hand side of the screen, click on “Tools” and then click on “Permissions” from the drop-down menu.
- A new window opens, which is Rightslink.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions for requesting permission:
- selecting the way the content will be used
- creating an account, if one does not exist already
- accepting the terms and conditions for reuse
- method of payment.
For Copyright Permission to use AHA’s Logo/Service Marks
- Fundraising - use of AHA Logo/Service Marks for fundraising
The AHA local offices handle all materials that can be used for fundraising. Please contact your local AHA office by doing the following:
- Go to the AHA home page at www.heart.org
- Drop down on the right-hand side of the homepage
- Enter your zip code or state for the nearest AHA office
- Click on the nearest location to go to their website for contact information (phone number and/or email)
- Corporate sponsorship or licensing of Logo/Service Marks
American Heart Association guidelines prohibit the use of its logos or service marks by third parties without a negotiated corporate sponsorship/licensing agreement. For more information, please visit https://www.heart.org/en/get-involved/ways-to-give/for-companies/sponsorship-opportunities.
If your request is none of these listed, then continue to the next section for the login page.
Create a Copyright Request
- Step 1. Log in or create a user account.
- Step 2. Once you log in, you will be taken to the Copyright Permission Request Form. Fill out the form, providing complete details, and submit your request.
Please allow 10 business days from receipt of all required information for a response. Additional time is required for requests to translate materials or reprint recipes.
For technical issues/error messages trying to access the form after setting up your account
- Please try an alternative browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- If a new browser does not resolve the issue and you’re unable to access the request form, please note the error message and the error details and contact 214.706.1131.
We do apologize for any inconvenience. Your assistance in resolving the issue is appreciated!