Palliative/Hospice - Heart Failure
American Heart Association Certified Care™
The Palliative/Hospice - Heart Failure certification program elevates care for patients with heart failure during their advanced stages.
This certification establishes a framework for evaluating home health agencies based on the American Heart Association’s scientific guidelines for heart failure patients. It validates adherence to our standards, emphasizing program management, patient and caregiver education, care coordination, and clinical management.
See Who Stands Out Among Hospice/Palliative Care Facilities!
Download our current map of agencies working to improve care for late-stage heart failure patients. These certified sites meet the AHA key standards and a rigorous review process.
How it Benefits Patients & Caregivers
- Assurance that the care being received is at the heart of the certification
- Knowledge that the agency can provide services designed by heart failure and palliative/hospice experts using professional evaluation criteria supported by AHA science
- Confidence their heart failure treatment is coordinated from admission and throughout palliative/hospice care
How it Benefits Agencies
- Opportunity to promote an AHA certification
- Opportunities for increased and timelier referral
- Access to collaborating with other Palliative/Hospice Heart Failure certified agencies nationwide
- Consultative services from AHA staff including program management, patient and caregiver education and support, care coordination, and clinical management.
How it Benefits Referral Sources & Insurance Providers
- Support care coordination and communication between the referral source and agencies, enhancing the continuum of care for the patient
- Provide confidence that agency’s heart failure program is based on standards built on AHA science
- Opportunity to demonstrate quality of care of program through measures and metrics
How to Become Certified
Start your journey by listening to this insightful webinar(link opens in new window) and get more information by filling out the form below.