Palliative/Hospice Heart Failure Certification
Creating confidence in the quality-of-care that heart failure patients receive during their advanced stages
This certification provides a framework for evaluating palliative/hospice agencies against the American Heart Association® evidence-based guidelines for heart failure patients. Certification provides validation that an agency has followed our requirements.
The certification provides confidence that:
- An agency's heart failure program is based on standards aligned with AHA science
- The agency is recognized by the AHA, based on professional evaluation criteria designed by heart failure and palliative/hospice experts
How it Benefits Patients & Caregivers
- Assurance that the care being received is at the heart of the certification
- Knowledge that the agency can provide services designed by heart failure and palliative/hospice experts using professional evaluation criteria supported by AHA science
- Confidence their heart failure treatment is coordinated from admission and throughout palliative/hospice care
How it Benefits Agencies
- Opportunity to promote an AHA certification
- Opportunities for increased and timelier referral
- Access to collaborating with other Palliative/Hospice Heart Failure certified agencies nationwide
- Consultative services from AHA staff including program management, patient and caregiver education and support, care coordination, and clinical management.
How it Benefits Referral Sources & Insurance Providers
- Support care coordination and communication between the referral source and agencies, enhancing the continuum of care for the patient
- Provide confidence that agency’s heart failure program is based on standards built on AHA science
- Opportunity to demonstrate quality of care of program through measures and metrics
How to Become Certified
Start your journey by listening to this insightful webinar(link opens in new window) and get more information by filling out the form below.