The American Heart Challenge for middle schools focuses on what matters most to educators and parents: preparing students for success through physical and emotional well-being.
What is the American Heart Challenge?
The American Heart Challenge educates students on living a heart healthy lifestyle, inspires students to engage in the mission of the American Heart Association and allows them to experience fun physical activity at school while raising life-saving funds.
Why should your school register to participate?
Earn Give-Backs and Incentives
- Earn NEW certificates from US Games PLUS an EXTRA 10% off when using your certificates PLUS free shipping.
- NEW direct contributions back to your schools.
- Participating schools are eligible to apply for up to $3,500 in grant funding. A total of $400,000 in funds will be granted this year!
How does it work?
The American Heart Challenge prepares young people for success by supporting their physical and emotional well-being. To do so, the American Heart Association has pulled together step-by-step instructions for physical education instructors, coaches or teachers to host fun activities in your school with engaging educational modules that address the needs of middle school students.
OPEN and the American Dance Movement are proud supporters and provide amazing resources like:
- Complete Activity Curriculum Modules for Basketball, Dance, Warrior Obstacle Course, and More.
- Active Classroom Physical Activity Breaks
- Personal and Social Responsibility Curriculum Modules
- Heart-Healthy Academic Language Tools
- Family Engagement Ideas
- More Than 40 Fitness and Skill-Based Instructional Modules
Additional AHA resources including downloadable Lesson Plans and Interactive Skills Resources:
- Grade-Specific Ideas for a successful American Heart Challenge Event
- NFL PLAY60 videos, vignettes, and virtual field trips powered by Discovery Education
- Resources for Healthy Eating, Physical Activity and Wellness in the Classroom
- Common Core Connection and Alignment
- Communication Starters for Faculty and Parents Addressing the Rising Concern Around Teen Vaping and Smoking
We're Here to Help!
Specially trained American Heart Association staff or volunteers will be available every step of the way to support your program. If you have any questions or need help, please contact us at 877-824-8531.