Baby Food - How to Make Your Own Video
Interested in making your own baby food? It’s easier than you think, plus you will know exactly what your baby is eating, and what they are not….excessive sodium. You can make your baby’s food to fit his/her preferences and needs. The cost benefits are just another bonus of making your own homemade baby foods that add to the nutritional benefits.
6 Steps to Healthy Homemade Baby Food
- Wash and rinse your hands and equipment.
- Scrub and peel fruits and vegetables.
- Bake, steam, roast, or microwave until tender.
- Puree in a food processor/hand blender/food mill/kitchen blender with a little liquid (water, breast milk, or formula), or mash with a fork if your baby can handle more texture.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer, ice cube trays work well, in airtight containers.
- Rewarm when it’s time to eat and allow to cool.
You can prepare nutritious snacks your toddler will love.
See how these 10 kid-friendly ingredients can turn into healthy homemade snacks. And offering a broad variety of food helps them get the vitamins and minerals they need.
- Whole grain cereal/waffle
- Lower sodium cheese stick
- Apple/pear slices
- Berries – strawberries, raspberries, blackberries
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Sweet potatoes
- Peanut butter