Communities know their needs and often have ideas and solutions to improve the health of their community.
The American Heart Association, in partnership Blue Cross Blue Shield NC, is partnering with and funding $20,000 in communities to implement their ideas through mini-grants to promote heart health in the Triangle (Wake, Durham, and Orange counties), Triad (Guilford and Forsyth counties), and Charlotte (Mecklenburg, Gaston, and Union counties).
Community partners are eligible for mini-grants ranging from $2,500 - $10,000 to support heart healthy policies and environments. Community members, including individuals, churches, senior centers, community health centers, housing authority, historically black colleges and universities, community colleges, city and county government, hospitals, employers, and others are welcome to apply.
Examples of eligible expenses could include:
- Updating kitchen equipment to make it easier to store healthy food;
- Signage and promotion of heart healthy policies;
- CPR education curriculum and training materials;
- Trails, playgrounds, and equipment to promote physical activity;
- Offsetting the cost of a pricing incentive for healthy foods;
- Offsetting staffing expenses (salary, travel, etc) for promoting healthier spaces; and/or
- Other strategies to improve heart healthy spaces.
Application deadline EXTENDED to Monday, April 6
to accommodate additional requests related to COVID-19
Please return your completed application to Kacie Kennedy at email@example.com.
For more information and technical support: firstname.lastname@example.org