Help us ensure everyone in Illinois has the opportunity to live longer, healthier lives.
Healthy for Good
Living healthy and free of disease makes a critical difference in quality of life. That’s why we’re working to raise awareness about the vital effect lifestyle has on health and helping communities form healthy habits.
Show You Have Illinois at Heart
You can make a difference by lending your support to help improve the long-term health of Illinois.
Join the fight to end heart disease and stroke by attending an Illinois event!
- Champaign Go Red for Women Digital Experience, Date: Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 12:00 PM
- Springfield Heart and Stroke Walk Digital Experience, Date: Saturday, May 22, 2021 - 12:00 AM
- Springfield Heart and Stroke Walk, Location: Digital Experience, Date: Saturday, May 22, 2021 - 12:00 AM
- Peoria Digital Heart Ball, Date: Saturday, June 5, 2021 - 06:00 PM
Stephanie Whooley, Survivor
Champaign native Stephanie Whooley says AHA support is part of the reason she survived two heart-related surgeries as a child — and why she's confident about her future health.
CPR & First Aid Training
Emergencies leave us feeling helpless, but they don’t have to. Take two minutes to learn Hands-Only CPR™ now. 70 percent of out-of-hospital cardiac arrests happen in homes. When a person has a cardiac arrest, immediate CPR can double or triple their chance of survival. Prepare to save a life, find a CPR course near you today.
Focus on Quality
When medical professionals apply the most up-to-date evidence-based treatment guidelines, patient outcomes improve. That's the simple truth behind the drive for continuous quality improvement. Our comprehensive suite of programs can help you advance farther and faster in the quest for ever-better care.
Our legislative and regulatory priorities help to mitigate risk factors and protect survivors in communities across the country. We advocate for federal, state and local policies that help Americans build healthier lives free of cardiovascular disease and stroke.
2141 W. White Oaks Dr. Suite A
Springfield, Illinois 62704
- Field Operations: Diane Kemp
- Communications: Julia Kersey
- VP Youth Market, Northern Illinois: Stefani White
- RVP Youth Market, Southern Illinois: Jenny Nixon
The American Heart Association also has a location in Chicago.