The American Heart Association is accepting applications for women who would like to participate in the 2023 Greater Bay Area Go Red for Women BetterU challenge - a program that could save your life.
What is Go Red BetterU?
Research shows that most cardiac events can be prevented by making small, yet life-saving choices for your heart. Go Red for Women is the American Heart Association's national movement to make women aware of their risk for heart disease and provide inspiration to take action to reduce that risk.
- Length of program: 12 weeks
- The program will run from August 23 - November 8
- Digital classes are scheduled for every Wednesday. Time is TBD.
- This year we're offering the program as either a daytime or evening program. Daytime classes would be from 12 pm - 1 pm on Wednesdays. Evening classes would be from 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm on Wednesdays. Please note the kick-off and finale will be held in-person during the evening for both timing options. Class time will be determined by what works for most participants.
- The Kick-Off and Finale classes will be in-person at a UCSF campus and follow American Heart Association guidelines.
*Activities and times are subject to change without prior notice.
- Cooking Demonstrations: Our first class will be an in-person cooking demo!
- NEW: Communication Skills
- Mindfulness and Stress Management
- Movement Classes
- Financial Wellness
- …and more!
- Attend at least 75% of classes
- Must be 18 years or older to apply
- Open to all!
We are looking for a group of women who are ready to make a positive change to their health. Participant numbers are limited, so please submit your application early.
Please complete this online application by Friday, August 11.
If you have questions, please contact [email protected]. We look forward to an exciting 12 weeks with you!
All applicants will be notified of application status on Monday, August 14.
UCSF Health is a local sponsor of the American Heart Association’s Bay Area Go Red for Women BetterU Program.