Healthy Senior Living Certification
Creating environments where getting and staying healthy is top of mind
This certification offers science-based guidelines for promoting cultures of health in independent and assisted living facilities to help facilities move toward improved health and quality of life for their residents and to help consumers make better informed choices about facilities.
How it benefits residents
- Access to healthier living services
- Confidence that the facility can provide services that are supported by American Heart Association science
- Assurance that the facility has been vetted and is recognized by the American Heart Association, based on professional evaluation criteria designed by cardiac and geriatric experts
How it benefits facilities
- Opportunity to amplify certification by the American Heart Association
- Become a reliable referral for primary care providers
- Join the national collaborating network of American Heart Association Healthy Senior Living Center facilities
- Opportunities to access live and online educational activities from the American Heart Association
What the Certification Means
The Healthy Senior Living certification is an assurance that the facility has been vetted and recognized by the American Heart Association based on professional evaluation criteria designed by cardiac and geriatric experts. Facilities will be evaluated on how they educate residents and provide opportunities to work toward improved health in these categories: smoking status, physical activity, healthy diet and weight, depression and anxiety, sleep, stress management, alcohol consumption and immunizations.
Dr. Cory W. Woods discusses the Healthy Senior Living Certification
If you are an employee of an independent or assisted living facility, fill out the form below and an American Heart Association representative will follow up to find out more about your facility and how we may be able to help you achieve this certification.