Establishing an operational structure is critical to maximizing the partnership’s synergy. The Million Hearts® Collaboration CCL Toolkit below provide examples of formal agreements and referral processes between organizations.
- CDC Science in Briefs (WEBSITE) - Concise and user- friendly summaries of recently published articles on hypertension, cardiovascular disease, community health workers, pharmacists and other relevant areas.
- Automated Clinician Prompts and Referrals from AHRQ (WEBSITE) - A case study of a group of medical practices that incorporated a system into its daily workflow that prompt clinicians to offer behavior counseling and then refer patients to community services that could help them improve preventable health risks.
- Enhancing the Continuum of Care: Integrating Behavioral Health and Primary Care through Affiliations with FQHCs (PDF) - Checklist of steps and considerations for developing affiliation agreements with Federally Qualified Health Centers
- How community-based organizations can support value driven healthcare (WEBSITE) - Overview of ways that community-based organizations can add value to providers and healthcare
- Clinical Referral and Order Form (PDF) - An example of a referral form from nurses to care coordinators in a community-based care program for chronic disease management.
- A synopsis of “The Hypertension Team: The Role of the Pharmacist, Nurse, and Teamwork in Hypertension Therapy” (PDF) - This Science-in-Brief promotes the adoption of team-based care, and expanding the use of personal technology, which has the potential to improve self-monitoring and communication between patients and healthcare teams.