The Kids Heart Challenge & American Heart Challenge
Steps and Timeline for Running a KHC or AHC Event
Running a Kids Heart Challenge or American Heart Challenge Event
Step 1: Pre-register
- Talk with your school administration/principal about running a Kids Heart Challenge or American Heart Challenge event.
- Once your school is on board, register! On the heart.org/schools page, select Elementary, Middle or High School and submit your information through the form. An AHA staff person will then contact you to begin the process.
Step 2: Prepare for your event!
- Your local AHA staff person will contact you to arrange a meeting, get you set up and provide login information for your event Headquarters.
- About four weeks before the event, your school can hold a kickoff to get students excited, give them information to take home to parents and share details about thank-you gifts/incentives.
Step 3: Event Week – It’s go time!
- Event week is the time to CELEBRATE your school’s progress! It’s the time to recognize all the great heart-healthy learning and activities that have taken place. It’s the time to be proud of your fundraising and the impact you’ve helped the American Heart Association make.
- Post pictures and videos on social media to share the amazing work you've done using the hashtags #americanheartassociation and #kidsheartchallenge or #americanheartchallenge!
Featured Testimonial Videos
Hear from some of our volunteers.
Hear from Superintendent Cindy about Why She Loves the AHA
Hear from Amber V about why she loves KHC!
Kylee Shares About Making an Impact at her High School
Nigel and Adam from the American Dance Movement tell you about the American Heart Challenge
Learn Why Kids Heart Challenge Is Perfect for your School
Max L is a coach and 10 year KHC veteran
P.E. Teacher Emily A. Shares about KHC