The Kids Heart Challenge & American Heart Challenge
Steps and Timeline for Running a KHC or AHC Event
Running a Kids Heart Challenge or American Heart Challenge Event
Step 1: Pre-register
- Talk with your school administration/principal about running a Kids Heart Challenge or American Heart Challenge event.
- Once your school is on board, register! On the heart.org/schools page, select Elementary, Middle or High School and submit your information through the form. An AHA staff person will then contact you to begin the process.
Step 2: Prepare for your event!
- Your local AHA staff person will contact you to arrange a meeting, get you set up and provide login information for your event Headquarters.
- About four weeks before the event, your school can hold a kickoff to get students excited, give them information to take home to parents and share details about thank-you gifts/incentives.
Step 3: Event Week – It’s go time!
- Event week is the time to CELEBRATE your school’s progress! It’s the time to recognize all the great heart-healthy learning and activities that have taken place. It’s the time to be proud of your fundraising and the impact you’ve helped the American Heart Association make.
- Post pictures and videos on social media to share the amazing work you've done using the hashtags #americanheartassociation and #kidsheartchallenge or #americanheartchallenge!
Featured Testimonial Videos
Hear from some of our volunteers.
Hear from Amber V about why she loves KHC!
Hear from Superintendent Cindy about Why She Loves the KHC
Learn Why Kids Heart Challenge Is Perfect for your School
Max L is a coach and 10 year KHC veteran
P.E. Teacher Emily A. Shares about KHC
Hear from Janae J about why she loves KHC
Ryan C. shares about kids learning a heart healthy lifestyle