Planning a School Event for Educators
Bringing the Kids Heart Challenge or American Heart Challenge to my school!
Educators Leading with Heart
Why lead a KHC or AHC event at your school?
It’s a great way to encourage your students to take care of their hearts. They’ll learn why being active at school and at home is important for physical and emotional well-being.
The Challenge combines fun movement with fundraising for the American Heart Association. Students help kids with special hearts and can use their stories to spread the message.
By getting involved, students learn the impact of volunteerism and service learning and become empathetic to kids with special hearts.
Teachers choose one or more activities for the Challenge based on students’ interests and talents.
Once your school is registered, you (the “coordinator”) will receive a Volunteer Guide that tells you everything you need to know.
To make running the Challenge easy and straightforward, you’ll also receive:
- Interactive technology like a free user-friendly app and virtual reality field trips to support you along the way
- Strategies for email and social media promotions
- Guidance for fundraising
- Lesson plans and activities related to heart health topics, including vaping for middle and high school students
- Information about benefits of participation by school level and all program materials easily accessible in one place
- Dance tutorial videos from American Dance Movement, and more!
Elementary School Activities
Middle and High School Activities
Featured Testimonial Videos
Hear from some of our volunteers.
Hear from Superintendent Cindy about Why She Loves the AHA
Hear from Amber V about why she loves KHC!
Nigel and Adam from the American Dance Movement tell you about the American Heart Challenge
Learn Why Kids Heart Challenge Is Perfect for your School
Max L is a coach and 10 year KHC veteran
P.E. Teacher Emily A. Shares about KHC
Hear from Janae J about why she loves KHC
Ryan C. shares about kids learning a heart healthy lifestyle
Why Kids Heart Challenge?
Hear from Anna Claire, American Heart Challenge Ambassador