Many people have questions for their healthcare professionals about tests, medications, risk factors and lifestyle changes to help control blood pressure.
You can print this page or download a printable PDF. Add your own questions and take it to your next appointment.
- What do my blood pressure numbers mean?
- What should my blood pressure numbers be?
- How can high blood pressure affect my health?
- Are there any lifestyle changes that will help me control my blood pressure?
- How often should my blood pressure be checked?
- Should I use a home blood pressure monitor?
- What type of home monitor should I purchase?
- Will I need to take blood pressure medication?
- What kind of medication is best for me?
- What are the side effects?
- What if I forget to take a medication?
- Should I avoid any foods or other medications?
- Can I drink alcohol?
- How long will I need to take my medication?