Join the Conversation!
A Culture of Health
We are working to weave healthy living practices and opportunities into our community. The American Heart Association is making it easier to be healthy where we live, work, learn and play.
Get Involved With Your Community
- 2019 Lebanon Heart Ball, Location: Lebanon Valley College, Date: SAT Apr 06 - 05:30 PM
- 2019 York Heart Ball, Location: Country Club of York, Date: SAT Apr 27 - 06:00 PM
- Harrisburg Go Red Experience, Location: West Shore Country Club, Date: THU May 02 - 04:00 PM
- Lancaster Go Red, Location: Lancaster Country Club, Date: FRI May 03 - 09:30 AM
- 2019 Adams Heart Walk, Location: New Oxford High School, Date: SAT Sep 07 - 09:00 AM
- 2019 York Heart Walk, Location: John Rudy Park, Date: SAT Sep 14 - 09:00 AM
- 2019 Capital Region PA Heart Walk, Location: City Island, Date: SUN Sep 15 - 12:30 PM
- 2019 Lancaster Heart Walk, Location: Clipper Magazine Stadium, Date: SAT Sep 21 - 07:30 AM
CPR Saves Lives
Emergencies leave us feeling helpless, but they don’t have to. Take two minutes to learn Hands-Only CPR(link opens in new window) now. 70 percent of out-of-hospital cardiac arrests happen in homes. When a person has a cardiac arrest, immediate CPR can double or triple their chance of survival. Prepare to save a life, find a CPR course near you today.
My Research Legacy™
A healthier generation is our goal. Within you is the key to help us get there. Sign up today and securely share your health, lifestyle, and genetic data to help researchers looking for cures. Join a study. Leave your legacy. Be part of the generation that ends heart diseases and stroke.
Improving the Health of Local Employees
On average, we spend more than half of our waking hours at work. That's why we've teamed up with local businesses to create a more physically active, health-conscious culture in the office. If you can't be healthy at work, then your boss needs to know.
Fighting for the Health of Newborns
Congenital heart defects are the top killer of newborns with birth defects. We educated the local community on the need for a simple, non-invasive screening that could prevent these deaths.