New York City at HeartWe’re working to create a world free of heart disease and stroke - a world where everyone can achieve the best possible health - and it starts right here in NYC. From teaming up with city leaders to support more walking and biking routes, to driving initiatives that make healthier food options available in all neighborhoods, to providing our kids with more opportunities to be active in school – together we are making it easier to be healthy where we live, work, learn and play. Whether you’re an ordinary citizen, a business executive, a faith leader or a policy maker, you can help join us on our journey to build a healthier NYC!
- Long Island Go Red For Women Luncheon, Location: Crest Hollow Country Club, Date: WED Feb 27 - 08:30 AM
- CycleNation Hudson Valley New York, Location: Sportsplex, New Windsor, Date: THU Feb 28 - 05:00 PM
- New York City Go Red For Women Luncheon, Location: New York Hilton Midtown, Date: FRI Mar 08 - 10:00 AM
- CycleNation New York City, Location: One World Trade Center, Date: THU Mar 28 - 05:00 PM
- New York City STEM Goes Red, Location: New York Academy of Sciences, Date: FRI Apr 05 - 07:30 AM
- Long Island New York Heart and Stroke Ball, Location: The Heritage Club at Bethpage, Date: THU Apr 11 - 06:00 PM
- Putnam New York Heart Walk, Location: Brewster High School, Date: SUN Apr 28 - 09:00 AM
- Tri County New York Heart Walk, Location: Harriman State Park, Date: SUN May 05 - 09:00 AM
- Wall Street Run and Heart Walk, Location: Brookfield Place, New York City, Date: THU May 16 - 06:45 PM
- CycleNation Hamptons New York Heart Ride, Location: Southampton, New York, Date: SAT May 18 - 12:00 AM
- Westchester Fairfield Go Red for Women Luncheon, Location: Westchester Hilton, Date: FRI May 31 - 09:30 AM
- New York City Heart and Stroke Ball, Location: Cipriani Broadway, Date: WED Jun 12 - 06:00 PM
Ensuring Healthy Environments
Where we work, play, live, learn and pray should help our health, not harm it. That’s why we’ve formed the Northeast Healthy Equity Consortium - working with leaders and volunteers across the Northeast to ensure that all people from all background and communities receive the highest standard of care for heart disease and stroke.
Strengthening the Economy
A community's well-being is directly related to the health of its local economy. We’re teaming up with employers across the state, encouraging them to comprehensive workplace health programs that help people get active on the job.
With human ingenuity, we can prevent heart disease and stroke — and care for people who suffer from these devastating diseases. We’re working with communities, hospitals and emergency care professionals to form effective and efficient systems of care that save and improve lives.
Improving Quality of Life
Living healthy and free of disease makes a critical difference in quality of life. That’s why we’re working to raise awareness about the vital effect lifestyle has on health and helping communities form healthy habits.
Share Your Story
Perhaps you or someone you care about suffered from heart disease or stroke. Maybe you know someone whose life was impacted by CPR or changed through a healthier lifestyle. Whatever your experience may be, sharing your story is a great opportunity to give hope to others experiencing a similar situation or to inspire others to live a healthier life.
Creating a Culture of Health in NYCThere is no quick fix, no one way to solve complex health issues that are affecting this generation and generations to come. That’s why we’re focused on the areas within communities where there is an opportunity to make the greatest impact. Together we can improve quality of life, ensure healthy environments, strengthen the economy, elevate care and change policy for all in New York City. Because at the center of it all, we have New York City at Heart.
Policy has the power to protect our health, improve communities and drive lasting change. That’s why we’re championing policies and laws to help keep our state healthy. Share your voice and become an advocate.