New York City
New York City at HeartWe’re working to create a world free of heart disease and stroke - a world where everyone can achieve the best possible health - and it starts right here in NYC. From teaming up with city leaders to support more walking and biking routes, to driving initiatives that make healthier food options available in all neighborhoods, to providing our kids with more opportunities to be active in school – together we are making it easier to be healthy where we live, work, learn and play. Whether you’re an ordinary citizen, a business executive, a faith leader or a policy maker, you can help join us on our journey to build a healthier NYC!
- NYC Go Red For Women Luncheon, Location: New York Hilton Midtown, Date: Friday, March 13, 2020 - 10:00 AM
- Hard Hats with Heart NYC, Location: Hudson Terrace, Date: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 06:30 PM
- Virtual Westchester Go Red for Women Luncheon, Location: Hilton Westchester, Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 - 11:00 AM
- Virtual Putnam County New York Heart Walk, Location: Where you are, Date: Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 09:00 AM
- Go Red for Women presents STEM Goes Red, Location: NYU Kimmell Center - Rosenthal Pavilion, Date: Friday, May 1, 2020 - 09:00 AM
- CycleNation Westchester, Location: Yonkers Brewing Company, Date: TBD
- 40th Wall Street Run and Heart Walk, Location: Brookfield Place, New York City, Date: Thursday, May 14, 2020 - 06:45 PM
- New York City Heart and Stroke Ball, Location: Pier Sixty at Chelsea Piers, Date: Thursday, June 4, 2020 - 06:00 PM
- CycleNation NYC, Location: Tribeca 360, Date: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 05:00 PM
- TCS New York City Marathon, Location: Start Line, Fort Wadsworth, foot of bridge near toll booths, Staten Island, Date: Sunday, November 1, 2020 - 09:50 AM
Ensuring Healthy Environments
Where we work, play, live, learn and pray should help our health, not harm it. That’s why we’ve formed the Northeast Healthy Equity Consortium - working with leaders and volunteers across the Northeast to ensure that all people from all background and communities receive the highest standard of care for heart disease and stroke.
Strengthening the Economy
A community's well-being is directly related to the health of its local economy. We’re teaming up with employers across the state, encouraging them to comprehensive workplace health programs that help people get active on the job.
With human ingenuity, we can prevent heart disease and stroke — and care for people who suffer from these devastating diseases. We’re working with communities, hospitals and emergency care professionals to form effective and efficient systems of care that save and improve lives.
Improving Quality of Life
Living healthy and free of disease makes a critical difference in quality of life. That’s why we’re working to raise awareness about the vital effect lifestyle has on health and helping communities form healthy habits.
Share Your Story
Perhaps you or someone you care about suffered from heart disease or stroke. Maybe you know someone whose life was impacted by CPR or changed through a healthier lifestyle. Whatever your experience may be, sharing your story is a great opportunity to give hope to others experiencing a similar situation or to inspire others to live a healthier life.
Creating a Culture of Health in NYCThere is no quick fix, no one way to solve complex health issues that are affecting this generation and generations to come. That’s why we’re focused on the areas within communities where there is an opportunity to make the greatest impact. Together we can improve quality of life, ensure healthy environments, strengthen the economy, elevate care and change policy for all in New York City. Because at the center of it all, we have New York City at Heart.
Policy has the power to protect our health, improve communities and drive lasting change. That’s why we’re championing policies and laws to help keep our state healthy. Share your voice and become an advocate.