Abstracts which are presented (oral or poster) will be judged the day of the event by a panel of judges comprised of physicians and scientists from the top medical and educational institutions in the Pittsburgh area. Judging criteria of the abstracts will include, but is not limited to:
- The novelty of the hypothesis
- Clarity and focus of the question to be researched or process to be assessed
- Completeness of methodological approaches
- Clarity of presentation of results
- Logics of problem-solving process
- Conclusions versus results
- Quality of presentation format
Awards will be presented to the top three presentations in each category of basic science and clinical science. Award winners at Fellows Research Day will be acknowledged at a cocktail reception immediately following the day’s presentations. Checks to winners will be mailed upon the completion of a W-9 form that is submitted to the American Heart Association.
Winners will also be acknowledged at the Pittsburgh Heart Ball on Saturday, February 29, 2020 at the Pittsburgh Wyndham Grand Hotel.
In addition, all presenters will receive a recognition certificate for participating in the program. Basic Science Awards & Clinical Science Awards1st Place $500.00
2nd Place $250.00
3rd Place $100.00