The American Heart Association is working to create a world of longer, healthier lives. That starts in Delaware.
A Culture of Health
We are working to weave healthy living practices and opportunities into our community. The American Heart Association is making it easier to be healthy where we live, work, learn and play.
Join the fight to end heart disease and stroke at a Delaware event!
- STEM Goes Red, Location: Dover Downs Hotel and Conference Center, Date: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 09:00 AM
- Southern Delaware Go Red For Women Luncheon, Location: Dover Downs Hotel and Conference Center, Dover, Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 - 10:00 AM
- Wilmington Go Red Luncheon, Location: Chase on the Riverfront, Date: Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 10:00 AM
- Wilmington Heart Walk, Location: Tubman-Garrett Riverfront Park, Date: Sunday, September 13, 2020 - 08:00 AM
- Southern DE Heart Ball, Location: Hyatt Place Dewey Beach, Date: Saturday, May 2, 2020 - 06:00 PM
James H. Gilliam, Jr. Award
Do you know someone who has made a significant contribution to the health, welfare or benefit of the community? If so, nominate them!
Research Goes Red
Join thousands of women in the fight against heart disease. The American Heart Association's Go Red for Women® movement and Verily's Project Baseline have joined forces to launch Research Goes Red, an initiative calling on women across the United States to contribute to health research.
Fighting for the Health of Newborns
Congenital heart defects are the top killer of newborns with birth defects. We educated the local community on the need for a simple, non-invasive screening that could prevent these deaths.