How can I become an AHA Instructor?
The steps are simple – get started today!
- Complete an Instructor Candidate Application for your local Training Center before enrolling in an Instructor Course. Find a local Training Center.
- Have current AHA provider status in the discipline of the Instructor Course, and be proficient in all the skills of that discipline. Disciplines include ACLS, BLS, PALS, PEARS® and Heartsaver®.
- Successfully complete the discipline-specific Instructor Essentials online course, and print the course completion certificate.
- Successfully complete the discipline-specific classroom Instructor Course.
- Successfully be monitored teaching your first course within six months after completing the Instructor Course. Training Center Coordinators may require additional monitoring.
Once you become an Instructor, you will have access to the most current emergency cardiovascular care science, course updates, training resources and tools through the online AHA Instructor Network. You will also be able to post class dates and times to reach more students through our public website.