The gold standard tradition of certification for high-quality health care organizations is now available to individual professionals. Display your dedication to telehealth excellence by completing your certification journey.
This certification offers a framework for evaluating health care professionals interested in demonstrating their commitment to telehealth. Certification provides validation that an individual has followed the American Heart Association’s rigorous, science-backed requirements.
Telehealth as a method of care delivery can transform the health care system.
How Patients Benefit
- Assurance that patient care is at the heart of the certification.
- Knowledge that the health care professional can provide expert services using evaluation criteria supported by American Heart Association science.
- Opportunity for more effective, accessible and efficient care, particularly for those who otherwise lack access to quality health care.
How Health Care Professionals Benefit
- Validation of a level of expertise that only the American Heart Association can offer.
- Possibility of more patient referrals, professional recognition and increased salary.
- Enhanced credibility and the personal satisfaction of providing your patients with the best possible care via telehealth.
- Certificate and graphic suitable for display.
- Branding guidelines provided by the Association to help alert local media channels that you hold the credential.
- Access to the Association’s advocacy and policy resources and updates.
How Referral Sources and Insurance Providers Benefit
- Support care coordination and communication between the referral source and agencies, enhancing the continuum of care for the patient.
- Confidence of certification built on the Association’s science and guidelines.
- Opportunity to demonstrate quality of care through patient outcomes.