Impacting the Health in Our Community
Health of the Community
Percent of adults with…
- High Blood Pressure: 35%
- High Cholesterol: 86%
- Diabetes: 9%
- Uninsured: 24-26%
105 Decker Court, Suite 200
Irving, TX 75062
Phone: (214) 441-4200
Get Involved With Your Community
- North Texas STEM, Location: HEB ISD Building, Date: FRI Oct 19 - 05:30 PM
- Collin County Heart Ball, Location: Omni Frisco, Date: SAT Nov 03 - 06:00 PM
- Dallas Vestido Rojo, Location: Hyatt Regency Dallas, Date: SAT Dec 01 - 07:00 AM
- Dallas Workplace Health Symposium, Date: TUE Jan 01 - 05:30 PM
- Denton Go Red For Women Luncheon, Date: FRI Feb 01 - 11:00 AM
- Forth Worth Go Red Luncheon, Location: Omni Fort Worth, Date: FRI Feb 15 - 10:00 AM
- Dallas Go Red For Women Luncheon, Location: Omni Dallas, Date: FRI Feb 22 - 11:00 AM
- Dallas Go Red Luncheon, Location: Omni Dallas Hotel, Date: FRI Feb 22 - 11:00 AM
Teaching local students to save lives
When CPR is preformed properly and promptly during cardiac arrest, survival rates can double or triple. We fought to make this lifesaving training a graduation requirement for all Texas students.By filling our city with bystanders equipped to take action, we are helping to improve survival odds for everyone in Texas.
Improving Quality of Life
Living healthy and free of disease makes a critical difference in quality of life. Check. Change. Control. is working within our community to raise awareness about the vital effect lifestyle as on health, make healthy options accessible and available for all. Our programs help children form healthy habits that will last a lifetime, by removing obstacles to making healthy choices.
You're the Cure is working within our community to empower citizens to take informed action on local and state policies, and champion policies and laws that help people avoid unhealthy practices and create safer communities. Our advocates are addressing critical healthcare concerns by advocating for policies that can improve access and boost the quality and value of care.
Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
Not all pumpkin spice is bad for you! Use 100% pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling or mix, which looks similar but can have added sugar. Keeping the can of pumpkin in the fridge before using helps make a colder smoothie. Perfect for a fall afternoon!