Hudson Valley at HeartWe’re working to create a world free of heart disease and stroke - a world where everyone can achieve the best possible health - and it starts right here in the Hudson Valley. From teaming up with city leaders to support more walking and biking routes, to driving initiatives that make healthier food options available in all neighborhoods, to providing our kids with more opportunities to be active in school – together we are making it easier to be healthy where we live, work, learn and play. Whether you’re an ordinary citizen, a business executive, a faith leader or a policy maker, you can help join us on our journey to build a healthier Hudson Valley!
- CycleNation Hudson Valley New York, Location: Sportsplex, New Windsor, Date: THU Feb 28 - 05:00 PM
- Dutchess Ulster New York Heart Walk, Location: Dutchess Community College, Date: SAT Apr 13 - 09:00 AM
- Putnam New York Heart Walk, Location: Brewster High School, Date: SUN Apr 28 - 09:00 AM
- Tri County New York Heart Walk, Location: Harriman State Park, Date: SUN May 05 - 09:00 AM
- Fairfield County Connecticut Heart Walk and 5K Run, Location: Sherwood Island State Park, Date: SUN May 19 - 08:30 AM
- Westchester Fairfield Go Red for Women Luncheon, Location: Westchester Hilton, Date: FRI May 31 - 09:30 AM
Improving Quality of Life
Living healthy and free of disease makes a critical difference in quality of life. That’s why we’re working to raise awareness about the vital effect lifestyle has on health and helping communities form healthy habits.
Ensuring Healthy Environments
Where we work, play, live, learn and pray should help our health, not harm it. That’s why we’ve formed the Northeast Healthy Equity Consortium - working with leaders and volunteers across the Northeast to ensure that all people from all background and communities receive the highest standard of care for heart disease and stroke.
Strengthening the Economy
A community's well-being is directly related to the health of its local economy. We’re teaming up with employers across the state, encouraging them to comprehensive workplace health programs that help people get active on the job.
With human ingenuity, we can prevent heart disease and stroke — and care for people who suffer from these devastating diseases. We’re working with communities, hospitals and emergency care professionals to form effective and efficient systems of care that save and improve lives.
Policy has the power to protect our health, improve communities and drive lasting change. That’s why we’re championing policies and laws to help keep our state healthy. Share your voice and become an advocate.
Share Your Story
Perhaps you or someone you care about suffered from heart disease or stroke. Maybe you know someone whose life was impacted by CPR or changed through a healthier lifestyle. Whatever your experience may be, sharing your story is a great opportunity to give hope to others experiencing a similar situation or to inspire others to live a healthier life.