Founded in 1989-1990 by Valentin Fuster, MD, PhD
It remains active and more vibrant today than ever, and has expanded to Boston
Over 21 ACGME programs in the Tri-state Area
Largest Fellows society in the country
- To foster a community among cardiology fellows in the Tri-state area
- To offer a forum to address educational and clinical issues specifically targeted to cardiology fellows
- To provide opportunities for public speaking through advocacy and community service and outreach
- To involve young physicians early on in their careers with the American Heart Association
Several programs are held throughout the year that provide an opportunity for Cardiology fellows from around the region to come together, network, and learn from each other. In bringing everyone together, we seek to capitalize on the rich Cardiology community that exists in the greater New York area to take advantage of the expertise, mentorship, and learning opportunities that exist. Click below for more information about our events.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Stay Tuned for Information about Upcoming Programs!
- Controversies in Cardiology Dinner and End of Year Celebration
June 5, 2018
6:30 – 9:30 pm
3 West Club
3 West 51st Street, NYC
- 2018 AHA Wall Street Run and Heart Walk(link opens in new window)
May 17, 2018
(Check-in 5:00 pm; Race starts at 6:45 pm)
Brookfield Place, 230 Vesey Street, NYC
** For additional information about the programs, please click on the program title.
FELLOW MEMBERS AND LEADERS
All Cardiology Fellows within accredited training programs in the Greater New York City are invited to participate in Fellows Society events. At the beginning of each academic year, Fellow Liaisons are appointed to the Fellows Society by the Program Director of their institution. A president and three vice presidents are elected on a yearly basis to lead the Fellow Liaisons, in conjunction with Program Co-Directors and American Heart Association director and coordinator.
What is You’re the Cure? (PDF)(link opens in new window) - The American Heart Association's Advocacy Initiative
Young Professionals: AHA’s Young Professional 2017-2018 Activities
Information coming soon!
AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION CONTACTSue Flor
Director, Professional Education & Fellows Societies
Sue.Flor@heart.org or 516-962-0793