The Valentines Survivor Story
Rocky and Lyla's Survivor Story
"Having both received heart transplants, my daughter and I have benefited first-hand from research funded by the AHA. #NoMOHeartDisease is an opportunity for us to use our experience to help educate people and reduce heart disease in Missouri. My hope is that people follow the initiative and become more involved in their own heart health.”
Jana Smith's Survivor Story“I lost my mother and grandmother to heart disease. I don’t want my son to experience what my mom and I had to go through. I think it is important to spread awareness and to educate Missourians that heart disease poses a real risk to our families.”
The Truth About Heart Disease
- Heart disease is the No. 1 killer worldwide.
- Cardiovascular diseases claim more lives each year than ALL form of cancer COMBINED.
- Stroke(link opens in new window) ranks fifth globally and is a leading cause of severe disability.
- Cardiovascular disease affects one in every three adults.
- Every 40 seconds, an American will have a heart attack.
Check. Change. Control.
Check Change Control uses self-monitoring and tracking of blood pressure readings at home to help you achieve and maintain a healthy heart. Sign up today to start managing your heart health!
Make a lasting tribute
Help reduce heart disease in Missouri and beyond.
Want to share your heart disease story?We would love to hear your story. Simply send us an email and we will get back to you with more information.
To schedule an interview with a survivor or American Heart Association staff, contact Julie Lay.