Brandy Wilson's Survivor Story
At 25, Brandy Wilson thought she knew what her future held. She had a wonderful husband and had just given birth to her third child. Standing in her kitchen, watching her toddlers play in the backyard while her newborn slept nearby, it seemed like life was almost perfect. It was at that moment, however, that Brandy’s life changed forever.
The Truth About Heart Disease
- Heart disease is the No. 1 killer worldwide.
- Cardiovascular diseases claim more lives each year than ALL form of cancer COMBINED.
- Stroke(link opens in new window) ranks fifth globally and is a leading cause of severe disability.
- Cardiovascular disease affects one in every three adults.
- Every 40 seconds, an American will have a heart attack.
Check. Change. Control.
Check Change Control uses self-monitoring and tracking of blood pressure readings at home to help you achieve and maintain a healthy heart. Sign up today to start managing your heart health!
Make a lasting tribute
Help reduce heart disease in Missouri and beyond.
Want to share your heart disease story?We would love to hear your story. Simply send us an email and we will get back to you with more information.
To schedule an interview with a survivor or American Heart Association staff, contact Julie Lay.