By gathering input and soliciting opinions of key stakeholders, you can create buy-in and support for the effort. The Million Hearts® Collaboration CCL Toolkit provides the following tools and resources to assist in engaging formal and informal leaders in developing meaningful partnerships.
- Creating Community Clinical Linkages Between Community Pharmacists and Physicians (PDF) - Framework for how community pharmacists and physicians might develop a link, illustrates examples for existing linkages, and discusses common barriers.
- Engaging Partners for Million Hearts® Success: Million Hearts® Stakeholder Workshops (PDF) - A "how to implement a million hearts stakeholders’ workshop" checklist.
- Partnering with Pharmacists in the Prevention and Control of Chronic Diseases (PDF) - Guidance on partnering with pharmacists, including evidence to support maximizing pharmacists’ engagement in team-based health care; a description of how chronic diseases are addressed in community pharmacies; examples of medication therapy management from state health departments; and strategies for working with pharmacists.
- Public Health Agency Payer Collaboration to Address Hypertension (PDF) - This white paper describes opportunities, strategies, and example partnerships identified through the ASTHO Million Hearts® Learning Collaborative.
- ASTHO Community-Clinical Linkages Change Package Toolkit (PDF) - Helps states identify potential strategies in improving hypertension control by streamlining protocols for patients from the community to the clinical setting. This toolkit is meant to offer a comprehensive array and consideration of a variety of evidence-based strategies and implementation steps.
- NACCHO's Engaging Partners and Community Members (WEBSITE) - This resource from NACCHO includes trainings and webinar for identifying and engaging stakeholders.