AHA News' most-read food stories of 2021
By American Heart Association News
From popcorn to pomegranates, here are the top 10 food stories readers craved this year, ranked in order of unique page views.
1. Popcorn as a snack: Healthy hit or dietary horror show?
Prepared properly, popcorn can be a feel-good nutritious hit. Done wrong, it can get bad reviews.
2. Are eggs good for you or not?
The egg is standard breakfast fare, but many people may be wondering whether eggs are healthy.
3. Drinking red wine for heart health? Read this before you toast
The connection between red wine and heart health might not be what you think. Here's what science has to say.
4. Before grabbing a grapefruit, understand its power
Grapefruit can provide great nutrition, but you should understand what else it can and can't do.
5. Is coffee good for you or not?
Coffee packs all manner of health benefits. Just go easy on the cream and sugar.
6. Pumpkin seeds pack a healthy punch
Pumpkin seeds aren't just the gooey guts of a jack-o'-lantern. They're packed with essential nutrients and minerals and can be an important part of a healthy diet.
7. Are there health benefits from chocolate?
Are those Valentine's chocolates good for the heart? Here's what we know – and don't know – about the confection's health benefits.
8. Is honey healthy? How to make sure you don't get stung
Honey may sometimes be a healthier alternative to other sugars, but it's still loaded with calories, experts caution.
9. Are some breads getting a bad rap?
Don't let fad diets fool you: As long as it's made from whole grains, bread is an important part of a healthy diet.
10. Just how healthy are pomegranates?
Health experts sing the praises of pomegranates, but here are some things you may not know about this unique fruit called the "jewel of autumn."
If you have questions or comments about this story, please email [email protected].