American Heart Association - Greater Washington, D.C. Area
A Culture Of Health
The American Heart Association, Greater Washington Region is working with local partners to improve access to and consumption of healthy foods, catalyze efforts to improve social determinants of health and improve access to and quality of primary care in the community.
Events in Your Area
- National Wear Red Day and Go Red for Women, Date: Friday, February 4, 2022 - 12:00 AM
- An Affair of the Heart Celebration and Fashion Show, Location: Digital Experience, Date: Monday, February 14, 2022 - 12:00 PM
- Greater Washington Region Heart Ball, Location: Mandarin Oriental, Date: Saturday, April 23, 2022 - 06:30 PM
- Heart's Delight Wine Tasting & Auction , Location: Washington, DC, Date: Wednesday, May 4, 2022 - 05:00 PM
- Greater Washington Region Golf Tournament, Location: Woodmont Country Club, Rockville, MD, Date: Monday, May 23, 2022 - 08:30 AM
- Lawyers Have Heart 10K Race, 5K Run & Walk, Location: Washington D.C. and Virtual, Date: Saturday, June 11, 2022 - 07:00 AM
- Greater Washington Region Heart Walk, Location: The National Mall, Date: Saturday, November 5, 2022 - 09:00 AM
Give and get matched to help end heart disease and stroke.
Make a donation to the American Heart Association this May and it’ll be MATCHED, up to $500,000, to help fund innovative research, advocacy, and education efforts.
Healthy For Good
You don’t need a guilt trip. We know you know. You want to be Healthy For Good. And we’re here to help inspire you to create lasting change in your health and your life, one small step at a time. The approach is simple: Eat smart. Add color. Move more. Be well.
Volunteer With Heart
The American Heart Association depends on the time and talent of volunteers to help us create a healthier world, free of heart disease and stroke. Whatever your capabilities, interests or schedule may be, we can find a volunteer opportunity that's right for you.
Emergencies leave us feeling helpless, but they don’t have to. Take two minutes to learn Hands-Only CPR™ now. 70 percent of out-of-hospital cardiac arrests happen in homes. When a person has a cardiac arrest, immediate CPR can double or triple their chance of survival. Prepare to save a life, find a CPR course near you today.