A Culture Of Health
Our mission is to create a world free of heart disease and stroke - a world where everyone can achieve the best possible health - and it starts right here in the Greater Washington Region. That's why we must come together to solve complex issues that affect this generation and generations to come.
- Paint the Town Red, Location: American Institute of Architects, Date: FRI Oct 12 - 08:00 PM
- Greater Washington Heart Walk, Location: The National Mall, Date: SAT Nov 03 - 08:30 AM
- An Affair of the Heart, Location: Marriott Marquis Washington, Date: WED Feb 13 - 11:00 AM
- Greater Washington Region Heart Ball, Location: Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Date: SAT Feb 23 - 06:30 PM
- Hearts Delight Wine Auction and Tasting, Location: Washington, DC, Date: WED Mar 06 - 06:00 PM
- 34th Annual Golf Tournament, Location: Woodmont Country Club, Date: MON Apr 29 - 08:30 AM
- Lawyers Have Heart, Location: Washington Harbour, Georgetown, Date: SAT Jun 08 - 07:00 AM
Hands-Only CPR Can Save Lives
Most people who experience cardiac arrest at home, work or in a public location die because they don't receive immediate CPR. As a bystander, don't be afraid. Your actions can only help by giving Hands-Only CPR! When you see a teen or adult suddenly collapse, call 911 and push hard and fast in the center of the chest to the beat of any tune that is 100 to 120 beats per minute. Immediate CPR can double or even triple a person's chance of survival.
Volunteer With Heart
The American Heart Association depends on the time and talent of volunteers to help us create a healthier world, free of heart disease and stroke. Whatever your capabilities, interests or schedule may be, we can find a volunteer opportunity that's right for you.
Healthy For Good
You don’t need a guilt trip. We know you know. You want to be Healthy For Good. And we’re here to help inspire you to create lasting change in your health and your life, one small step at a time. The approach is simple: Eat smart. Add color. Move more. Be well.
Let's Talk Numbers
The best way to know if you have high blood pressure is to measure your blood pressure. Our Check. Change. Control. program uses self-monitoring and tracking of blood pressure readings at home to help you achieve and maintain a healthy heart. Sign up is easy, just use CODE4 as your campaign code when setting up your account.
4601 North Fairfax Dr., Suite 700
Arlington, VA 22203
Phone: (703) 248-1700