American Heart Association - Greater Washington, D.C. Area
A Culture Of Health
The American Heart Association, Greater Washington Region is working with local partners to improve access to and consumption of healthy foods, catalyze efforts to improve social determinants of health and improve access to and quality of primary care in the community.
Let's Talk Numbers
The best way to know if you have high blood pressure is to measure your blood pressure. Our Check. Change. Control. program uses self-monitoring and tracking of blood pressure readings at home to help you achieve and maintain a healthy heart. Sign up is easy, just use CODE4 as your campaign code when setting up your account.
Healthy For Good
You don’t need a guilt trip. We know you know. You want to be Healthy For Good. And we’re here to help inspire you to create lasting change in your health and your life, one small step at a time. The approach is simple: Eat smart. Add color. Move more. Be well.
Volunteer With Heart
The American Heart Association depends on the time and talent of volunteers to help us create a healthier world, free of heart disease and stroke. Whatever your capabilities, interests or schedule may be, we can find a volunteer opportunity that's right for you.
Emergencies leave us feeling helpless, but they don’t have to. Take two minutes to learn Hands-Only CPR™ now. 70 percent of out-of-hospital cardiac arrests happen in homes. When a person has a cardiac arrest, immediate CPR can double or triple their chance of survival. Prepare to save a life, find a CPR course near you today.
Events in Your Area
- 73rd Annual Affair of the Heart Luncheon and Fashion Show, Location: Digital, Date: Thursday, February 11, 2021 - 12:00 PM
- Greater Washington Region Heart Ball, Location: Digital Experience, Date: Thursday, March 25, 2021 - 07:00 PM
- Heart's Delight Digital Experience & Auction, Location: Digital Experience, Date: Thursday, May 6, 2021 - 06:00 PM
- DC Go Red for Women Digital Experience, Date: Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 05:00 PM
- AHA Annual Golf Tournament, Location: Woodmont Country Club, Rockville, MD, Date: TBD
- Lawyers Have Heart 10K Race, 5K Run & Walk, Location: Digital Experience, Date: Friday, June 11, 2021 - 12:00 AM