We're teaming up with the University of Miami for an important research study.The purpose is to evaluate treatment options for patients with mild and rapidly improving stroke symptoms by analyzing data from 100 hospitals participating in the Get With The Guidelines®- Stroke quality program.
Hospitals taking part in the three-year study have an opportunity to contribute to future stroke care. Eligibility for participation includes the following requirements:
- At least 300 stroke discharges a year
- Ability to enroll 25-30 patients over two years
- Good performance on the Get With The Guidelines NIHSS measure
- Ability to achieve IRB approval
- Ability to obtain patient-informed consent after the decision to treat or not treat with recanalization therapy has been taken by the attending physician
- Ability to perform two follow-up telephone calls at 30 and 90 days after enrollment
- Participation in Get With The Guidelines-Stroke
To learn more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
©2013 American Heart Association
Hear from Dr. Jeffrey Craig, a MaRISS Site Investigator at Mercy Hospital Oklahoma, on how MaRISS is an easy and important study. Find out why your hospital should join today and help contribute to this research question.