Losing weight and being fit depends on a successful combination of healthy eating and physical activity. If you are just starting out on your weight-loss journey, here are some tools that can help you reach your goals:Nutrition
- AHA Diet and Lifestyle Recommendations - Eating well starts with both understanding what goes into a well-balanced diet and how to use that information to make nutritious meals. We can help you learn how to plan your daily menus around those essentials.
- Sodium and Fats Explorer - This easy-to-use tool calculates your personalized daily calorie needs, recommended range for total fats, limits for the "bad" fats: saturated and trans, sodium information and gives recommendations designed specifically for you.
- Keep Track of What You Eat - If you haven’t already calculated the number of calories you should eat each day, use our Food Diary.
Now that you’ve established a calorie goal, you can learn about suggested servings and accurate portion sizes at our nutrition center. You can also try some free heart-healthy recipes for your meals at home, along with information on how to eat well when dining out.
- AHA Physical Activity Recommendations in Adults - Learning the recommended activity and then comparing that to how much activity you are getting today will help you formulate goals and gauge success.
- Heart360 - If you’re going to give yourself the best odds for success, you’ll need to track some key numbers. Tracking your activity, weight and all of your other important health numbers using Heart360 will give you a visual of your progress and help motivate you to keep on going until you reach your goals.
- Printable Tracker - You can also track your physical activity offline using our printable activity tracker.
- How Can I Keep Track of Physical Activity and Healthy Eating?
- Life's Simple 7® - Get Active
- Life's Simple 7® | Eat Better
- Life's Simple 7® | Losing Weight
Last Reviewed 3/2014