Black Bean Soup
- Spray large pot with cooking spray, over medium-high heat add onion and cook until translucent (5 minutes).
- Add garlic, cumin and jalapeno and cook 1 minute more.
- Add beans to pot and lightly mash with a potato masher or fork.
- Add tomatoes and broth ? bring to a boil and reduce to medium heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve topped with chopped fresh cilantro (optional).
TIP: Serve this as a side salad to a meal or warm in microwave and use as a filling for tacos!
Leftover ingredients? Use them in these recipes!
- Allspice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Cinnamon Apples
- Asian Marinated Vegetable Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- Chicken and Black Bean Tostada with Avocado Cream
- Chickpea Salad with Tomatoes and Cucumber
- Crockpot Pulled Orange Chicken Tacos with Pickled Vegetables
- Texas Caviar
- Zippy Southwest Chicken Fajita Salad
- Mexican Chicken Soup
- Quick Chicken Chili
- Pollo Guisado
- Pico de Gallo Grilled Chicken Salad
- Blackened Fish with Strawberry Kiwi Salsa
- Black Bean Soup Caribbean Pink Beans
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.0 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 0.0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 0.0 g
- 0 mg
- 34 mg
- 1128 mg
- 45 g
- 11 g
- 15 g
- 110 mg
Recipe copyright © 2015 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
Serve this black bean salad chilled as a great side salad to a meal.
This Mexican chicken soup recipe is a spicy twist on an old classic.
This recipe is a yummy twist on traditional chili, switching in chi...
This classic chili recipe is good for your heart and only takes 30 ...
Try this red wine vinaigrette on your next salad.
Check out this Dominican inspired dish featuring pink beans.
Check out this great simple, Native American, vegetable soup w...
Simple Cooking with Heart helps you learn how to cook heart-healthy...
Canned beans are good pantry staples, but there are many benef...
Simple Cooking with Heart teaches you how to chop cilantro at home.
With grocery prices at an all-time high, one of the easiest ways to...
Simple Cooking with Heart shows you how to chop a jalapeño p...
Discover a world of flavor that exists outside the salt shaker. Fre...
Simple Cooking with Heart offers this video teaching you how to bel...