Cruise with heart!
Are you ready for a vacation? Join us for a very special cruise this February. Princess Cruises is proud to support the American Heart Association's healthy living focus and is collaborating with AHA by offering a first-of-its-kind five-day Western Caribbean cruise that provides passengers a heart-themed experience and a variety of special onboard guests, programs and activities themed around heart health awareness.
A portion of each passenger’s cruise fare will be matched by Princess Cruises and donated to the AHA to support the organization's mission to build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
The Ruby Princess will sail February 10-15, 2014, on a Western Caribbean itinerary roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale, with calls at Grand Cayman and Cozumel.
- Special guests including experts, authors and celebrities (see below)
- Innovative healthy cooking demonstrations and healthy food options
- Ruby Red Gala
- Heart Walk on Deck
- Heart disease and stroke survivor programs
- Valentine’s Day themed programming including a special onboard renewal of vows
- Hands-OnlyTM CPR training
- Complimentary blood pressure screenings
- and more!
Special guests appearing exclusively on this sailing include:
- Dr. Kathy Magliato, MD, MBA, FACS – Dr. Magliato is one of the few female cardiothoracic surgeons in the world with specialization in heart failure, heart transplantation, and artificial/mechanical heart technology. A nationally recognized expert on heart disease in women, she is currently the Director of Women’s Cardiac Services at Saint John’s Medical Center in Santa Monica, California, where she is developing a Multidisciplinary Women’s Health Center to address the cardiac needs of female patients.
- Ary Nunez – This “Modern Day Ninja” is a celebrity personal trainer, proud Latina, Nike-sponsored athlete, and black belt in Karate, Tae Kwon Do and Kung Fu. She speaks on health and fitness internationally and is featured in fitness videos, ads, films and theater performances. She has appeared on numerous television networks and is developing her own radio and internet show, in addition to partnering with Turner Boradcasting on Upwave, a new health and wellness entertainment brand. Her mother is a heart disease survivor.
- Jesse Sapolu – Four-time Super Bowl champion Jesse Sapolu played center and offensive guard for the San Francisco 49ers during his15 year football career. He now serves as the 49ers’ alumni coordinator, and is a motivational speaker and author of the biography “I Gave My Heart to San Francisco.” He is also the co-founder of the Polynesian Football Hall of Fame and a spokesperson for the American Heart Association.
- Bernie Kopell – For 10 seasons, Bernie Kopell looked after the health of passengers aboard TV’s version of Pacific Princess as Doctor Adam Bricker (“Doc”) on “The Love Boat." Kopell will be available to meet with and sign autographs for passengers.
- Chef Marc Anthony Bynum – A finalist on Food Network's “Chopped,” Chef Bynum will be offering innovative healthy cooking demonstrations for passengers.
- Diana von Welanetz Wentworth – An award-winning author and national speaker on many facets of heart health, Wentworth’s passion for nurturing women’s hearts arose from her own surprising heart attack. Drawing from the recommendations of the American Heart Association, she developed a unique, fun, holistic program of heart-health care that is the topic of her newest book: “Love Your Heart: Follow the Red Thread to a Heart-Centered Life.”
- David and Karen Gamow – The authors of “Freedom from Stress,” the Gamows have provided workplace stress management training to clients including NASA, CBS, GE, Marriott, Intuit, Nokia, Stanford School of Medicine, and the U.S. Army. The founders of Clarity Seminars, they have personally trained more than 20,000 people throughout North America to reduce stress and change their lives for the better.
For more information or to book, visit: www.princess.com/cruisewithheart.