Healthier patients. Healthier hospitals.
Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke is an in-hospital program for improving stroke care by promoting consistent adherence to the latest scientific treatment guidelines. Since its initiation in 2003, 1,656 hospitals have entered more than two million patient records into the Get With The Guidelines-Stroke database. Numerous published studies demonstrate the program's success in achieving measurable patient outcome improvements.
But patients aren't the only ones who benefit. Get With The Guidelines-Stroke supports hospitals in many ways, including:
- access to the most up-to-date research and scientific publications
- professional education opportunities, such as workshops and webinars
- clinical tools and resources
- patient education resources
- QI field staff support
- a competitive advantage in the healthcare marketplace
- national and local recognition for hospital team program achievement
- submission of CMS Core Stroke Measures and other data
- performance feedback reporting for continuous quality improvement
- Stroke fact sheet (PDF): View the achievement, quality, reporting, and descriptive measures reported on via Get With The Guidelines-Stroke.
- Comprehensive Stroke fact sheet (PDF) : View the 14 pilot Comprehensive Stroke Center metrics reported on via Get With The Guidelines-Stroke. These Comprehensive Stroke measures were developed by the Get With The Guidelines expert leaders to help support hospital processes and aspects of care that are strongly supported by science.
- CRF (PDF)
- 30-day Follow Up Form (PDF)
- Contact your local Get With The Guidelines representative.
- Assemble your multidisciplinary team.
- As a team, review your hospital’s standing orders and processes.
- View a demonstration and sign up to use the Patient Management Tool.
- Determine roles and processes for entering patient data.
- Enter 30 records into the PMT to assess your treatment rates. This will become your baseline.
- Identify areas for improvement.
- Refine processes and protocols to ensure they are in line with the guidelines.
- Brainstorm with your team to find ways to improve your hospital’s treatment rates.
- Test your ideas. Remember that changes do not have to be large. Sometimes it works best to start small and build on success.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 until your team is happy with your treatment rates and your hospital is eligible for recognition.
- Celebrate your successes and spread the word!