Mango, Avocado and Black Bean Salad
- Wash and dry lettuce, then chop or tear into 2 inch pieces and divide into 6 bowls or plates.
- Combine the black beans, corn, mango, avocado, onions and jalapeño pepper. Do not mix until you add the dressing.
- Combine the lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, chili powder, black pepper and salt together in a jar with a secure lid, shake together until mixed well and pour over the mango and avocado mixture.
- Toss gently to coat and serve over the lettuce and mixed greens.
Keep it Healthy: When using canned beans, drain and rinse under cold water for a minute to remove some of the sodium.
- This salad will keep in the refrigerator for a few days and the flavors keep improving.
- You can serve this with crunchy vegetables like cucumbers and/or jicama, cut into ¼ inch slices and used like chips.
- You can also enjoy this in a sandwich or wrap. It is a great dish to bring to potlucks or picnics.
Search for the ingredient below and use the remaining amount in those recipes!
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 4.3 g
- 0 mg
- 128 mg
- 36 g
- 9 g
- 14 g
- 7 g
1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1 fatPrice Per Serving
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.